At Canterbury Boys, we believe in providing our boys with an all-rounded curriculum. We provide a range of extra-curricular activities for students across Years 7 to 12 to experience and extend their learning.
Whole school extra-curricular activities
· Premier’s Reading Challenge (PRC)
The PRC is organised through our library. Students are encouraged to participate in this valuable initiative
· Duke of Edinburgh Award
Each student who participates in the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme has the opportunity to learn a new skill, improve their physical well-being, contribute to their community and experience a team adventure.
· Knockout sporting competitions
Knockout competitions are hold on various dates and venues throughout the year.
If you are talented in a specific sport and would like to participate at a competitive level against other high schools, join a knockout team.
Knockout sports commonly offered are: rugby league, soccer, volleyball, basketball and cricket.
Faculty based extra-curricular activities
Examples of programs and activities connected to faculty areas include:
- Theatre Group
- World of Maths incursion
- i-Science: Year 9 extension program with the University of Sydney compass program
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) Scientist in Schools program
- opportunities as a University of Sydney STEM academy school.
- Geographical fieldwork
- Historical site studies
- Work placement
- Guest speakers
- PEERS program
- Love Bits
Creative and performing arts (CAPA) and Technology and Applied Sciences (TAS)
- Western Sydney University links
- Student participation with the Arts Unit for example School Spectacular
- Cooks River Arts & Culture Alliance (CRACA)
- Assemblies and other school events
- Canterbury-Hurlstone Park Creative Arts and Music program
- Local Council festivals (such as. Lakemba Haldon St Festival)
Personal development, health and physical education (PDHPE)
- Sport extension programs - Oz Tag, student representation at region and state levels in athletics, cross country and swimming.
- Participation in Carnival of the Codes - Biannual, offering coaching opportunities for students.
- Training for specific knockout and grade sport teams throughout the year.
- Participation in the 'bstreeetsmart' road safety program